Good Day,I used to work a small company ...

Asked by Anonymous on 30-09-2016 11:30:05
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

Good Day, I used to work a small company and was happy there, but last year we discovered that our employer has been deducting from our salaries but never contributed even once since March 2015 for pension fund, medical aid, uif and payee. However when my other two colleagues resigned he gave them all their monies back. I have tried to communicate with him with regards to the matter and i have been unsuccessful then went to the labour department which i found little help because they contacted him and he promised to pay me and that was early this year. Now he sent his accountant to send me a letter acknowledging the money he owes me and promised to pay me as soon as i return the company's property (cell phone, laptop and 3G card) of which i did but now he has gone awol and i need to know where and what to do now because i feel i am being taken for a ride here.

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.