My spouse and I divorced at the end of l...

Asked by Leon Muller on 16-01-2018 17:33:41
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 300.00

My spouse and I divorced at the end of last year. The divorce settlement states that the property will remain in both our names as we were married in COP.

The settlement also points out that until the bond is paid in full,cancelled it will remain on both our names.

I have put the house on the open market and have a signed OTP , after my spouse pointed out in the settlement that her share of the proceeds if sold be given to me.

The financial institution granting the bond is insistent that my spouse needs to sign the OTP, but refuses to do so.....citing the offer is to low...

Can you help me....


Leon Muller 



Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.