Good day,Trust you well.i would just lik...

Asked by Lauren on 24-08-2018 13:55:07
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to Free State
Question value: R 450.00

Good day,

Trust you well.

i would just like to find out. On Monday i bought a cheese russian at a Pick n Pay store in Bloemfontein. whilst eating i bit on sumthing and when i spit out it was a pice of metal thingy. i went around to PnP and asked about it they said that they will find out from the company and get back to me.

i went there the following day and they told me that the company where they get their russians from confirmed that it was one of their machines that broke and that it could be possible that a piece of metal could have fallen in.

Pick and pay then requested that they can give me R100 voucher or a food plate for the inconvenience caused and i refused to take it as it is unacceptable.

i went there yesterday to enquire about what is going to happen to my unhappy service, they said that the Russian company claims that it will take 3-6 weeks for them to analyse the piece of metal and after that they will have an answer for me. i believe it is unacceptable and i wont take something that small just for the whole thing to be pushed aside. by the time they are done with the "metal analyse" i won't have a possible case to handle.

i would like to know is there something i can do about it or not.

your assistance would be highly appreciated.

kind regards



Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.