Hi there. I lost my job and have moved b...

Asked by Angel on 01-04-2019 08:40:47
Question posted in the Landlord Tenant Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 300.00

Hi there. 

I lost my job and have moved back with my parents in Mpumalanga. However I was renting a room in a commune and didn't take my belongings with when I left with intentions of coming back. However as time went by it's become clear that I cannot pay my last months rent (march) and would like to collect my clothes and move out. However the landlord refuses that I get my belongings before I pay her the full months rent. I have offered that we write down an agreement on how I will pay her so I can get my belongings and she can rent out the room but she refuses. What do you advice I do in this situation?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.