Good day Sir Madam, I would hereby like ...

Asked by Anonymous on 23-03-2015 12:21:42
Question posted in the National Credit Act Law category relating to Western Cape

Good day Sir / Madam,

I would hereby like to enquire how do I go about resolving my issue. I have been under debt review for the past 5 years, I have a court order in my favour as a result I have been paying religiously every month since 2010 and never skipped.

I have been paying via the NPDA (National Payment Distribution Agency). Thus far very few of my accounts has been paid due to the high interest rate. They have hence added a lot of interest whereby my understanding is that when you signed off with the Judge that is what you pay ? One of the creditors is Toyota Financial Services and they refuse to release my car papers because according to them I still owe them a R6000 and according to my debt counsellor that debt is paid up and we have the papers to show payments. I have liaised with them so has my debt counsellor but received no joy.

I am receiving calls from the collectors at Wesbank claiming I have been handed over.

Please assist me in this regard as I am paying my debt and want to be released soonest.

Kind regards
Gail Sias
Information Management
Department of Health; MDHS: KESS
Western Cape Government

Khayelitsha Eastern Sub structure office, c/o Steve Biko and Walter Sisulu Rd
Premises of Khayelitsha District Hospital
Tel: 021 360 4624
Fax: 086 519 2669

Be 110% Green. Read from the screen.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.