Hi I want to ask my mother and my father...

Asked by Lucky on 17-11-2023 12:01:01
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng

Hi I want to ask my mother and my father where married then my mother passed away in 2021 and since they where married in community of property and my mother did not leave a will and now my father has married another wife and he lives in the same house they where both leave now the wife he has married they both decided to sell the house I want to ask if can't we ask children of our mother and father have shares if my father is now selling the house cause practically my mother's share of the house is now gone because of the new wife my father decided to marry can't we maybe do something or get a share as children in the money I just want to ask

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.