Good day My husband opened a company in ...

Asked by Veronique on 07-05-2020 06:57:03
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape
Question value: R 150.00

Good day 

My husband opened a company in 2014 before I met him. He tried everything with the company everything went wrong multimedia, embroidery. We married in Jan 2019 he wanted me to help build embroidery business I said not my passion I suggested lets do multiple purpose & services. He was keen and excited for my ideas and said we'll I'll make you a director too my wife this never happened but it wasn't a big deal that we didn't handle it immediately we are married in community of property. So 2019 I was so busy building the company and everything in the business went well my husband was happy I didn't notice money just disappear I tract where some were send airtime etc woman that denied ever knowing him. I confronted him about this lady friend he is doing work for but he handles the invoices but I never see the payments then I realised I'm not the only woman in my husband life. Immediate when I took him on confronted him exposed the situation to church leaders my husband moved out of the house. He kicked me out of the company by changing bank cards, changing email password so I cannot send quotes or invoices we use one email, I no longer get notifications from the bank on my phone. He tells me is his company is his money can he just kick me out like this out of the company we build?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.