my husband and i got married in 2015, la...

Asked by Phakama on 16-04-2019 13:44:21
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Eastern Cape
Question value: R 0.00

my husband and i got married in 2015, last year in Oct i received notice of divorce. i then consulated a lawyer inturn we filed a notice to defend, then we had not heard anything again since. i kept asking the lawyer of progress and he maintained that we are waiting for a date to sit down / set down date. then on friday i receive a divorce decree that does not take incosedaration the prenup that we have in place. now i feel stuck cos no one told me about going to court or considered my rights. the decree consideres us out of community of property. the house i live in with the kids is in his name now he is evecting us, wants us out of his house asap. 

My lawyer has since sent me a withdrawal letter. is there a way that i can fight this matter without a lawyer

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.