Good Day Please can you assist , we have...

Asked by pearl1702 on 21-11-2019 15:02:16
Question posted in the Landlord Tenant Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal
Question value: R 0.00

Good Day 

Please can you assist , we have been renting in a property for more than 3 years now however we have never signed a lease agreement as the landlord did not want to at the time. My husband is unemployed for the past couple so we have been late with payment or short paid however we always made arangements and advised accordingly . Last wednesday the property was broken into and all of our valueable belongs were taken and the door and window were damaged. phoned the landlord and he says my husband needs to go for a polygraph test (which i dont see the reason for that unless he suspects us doign it to ourself) and he had only come to the property the one day not sure if he even checked the damages to date nothing has been done on his side. is there anything we can do on our side 

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 22-11-2019 11:04:53

Hi there and thank you for your question,

I see that you began asking a legal question, however you have not made the required deposit.

Do you still need assistance with your question? I am available to assist you further!

Att. Patrick

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.