Good Day, I am hoping that you can help....

Asked by Charne on 23-12-2019 12:05:53
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

Good Day, I am hoping that you can help. What happens if specific wishes of the deceased ages are to be scattered at sea by his surviving children specifically named in the Will, is then separated and sent out by deceased's girlfriend of 2years, which is against the deceased's wishes in Will and against the the views of the named children? Can one go to court with this matter? Will it be a costly court case, is there even a remote chance of winning this case, as the executor claimed they were safe at his house in Margate where she is temporarily residing in KwaZulu-Natal and we reside in Johannesburg and were supposed to go down there at estates expense to scatter these ashes but now she has opened them and sent part of him to his manager at the gym he owned? We do not know what to do as this is making a traumatic ordeal even more traumatic and she has gone against his wishes? Thank you kindly for your assistance in this matter and your time and consideration. 

Kind Regards,

Charne Hooper 

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.