Good day,My ex and his father are threat...

Asked by ChantelleJ on 23-12-2019 13:15:55
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Free State
Question value: R 200.00

Good day,

My ex and his father are threatening to open a legal case against me because my son was living with my mother full time for the last 6 months while i worked away. i have moved back home and I had an argument with my sister to which she said she wants to take my son until i have sorted out my life as i had no job at that stage. my sister and i sorted out the issue and i have work again and supporting my son financially myself with the help of my mother as well. we are not married and he pays child support when he feels necessary and its never more than R200 per month as where i contribute R2000 a month to my sons needs. i have never abused drugs, never had an alcohol problem and i am mentally as well as emotionally stable where the father abuses drugs, has a criminal record and been declared medically with bipolar depression. so my question is what can my ex and his father do to me legally?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.