I quit making for my employer on 06 Augu...

Asked by Blackman on 02-01-2020 22:28:57
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

I quit making for my employer on 06 August 2018, via email and never went back to work, i worked for the department of health. I was paid two salaries after i resigned and nothing was clear about my employment status. I checked with Human Resources on 14 January 2019 and was told i had absocnded. On 28 January 2019 was told by Labour Relations that the employer accepts my resignation. Now we are stuck with the issue of those two overpayments together with a some they failing to explain and 10.25% interest, they say it's all in line with the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA). I tried talking to them even told them i was willing to pay what they overpaid me, but can't come to an agreement. The PFMA is very strict of departmental policies and procedures that if not followed lead to irregular or unauthorised expenditure. Can my case stand in court since the procedure for resignation was followed, can i also sue them if i can prove that i was somehow forced to resign? 

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.