Hi I would just like to find out. I cult...

Asked by Alain on 09-01-2020 13:45:14
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00


I would just like to find out. I cultivate cannabis for personal use only. a raid at my home with no warrant took place. and I got arrested. are their any circumstances where a warrant is not needed? also they let a journalist on to my property and pictures were taken from inside and outside my home of my house. (i gave no permission for the journalist to come onto my property or to take pictures) of which false infomation was written in the article saying that I was arrested for being in possesion of Crystal Meth (Which was not on my property) however I was growing a Hybrid Auto Flower Strain called "Crystal Meth" contains no crystal methamphetamine and just the name the seed bank who did the hybrid gave the strain. my question is with a picture of my house and inside my home as well as my street name was published in the article. is this considered defamation of charecter even though I was not mentioned by name in the article. https://bedfordviewedenvalenews.co.za/379955/four-bust-crystal-meth-dagga-eastleigh-ridge/

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.