my wife put a protection order against m...

Asked by c rogers on 10-01-2020 20:07:29
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

my wife put a protection order against me not to verberly abuse or contact her at work after the protection order she said she would never have me arrested and just did this because she needed time we spoke on social media for for a while about my child and why she did this to me she then took my kid and went on holiday with out me being able to communicate with my child on her return i phoned her at work to ask about my child she had me arrested and i spent a night in jail is this not a misuse of protection order 

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 12-01-2020 09:07:03

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Yes, I think that it is. You'd need to apply to court to have the protection order set aside, partly on the basis that she is abusing it.

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.