Hi, my father passed away last year. He ...

Asked by morgs0027 on 29-01-2020 11:35:03
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal
Question value: R 0.00

Hi, my father passed away last year. He wanted to leave the house to either myself or to my sister. I have not been contacted by anyone regarding this. I find it a bit odd.I have tried to contact the Mandella hospital for records but they don't answer their phone. I really do not know where to start, who to contact, if he actually left a will (he possibly had dimentia) and finally incontinent. I'd been contacted by one of his adopted sisters who lives in the UK on facebook and when she called, she only had questions (first ever contact) and I was very suspicious and still am. His adopted brother who lives currently in SA, in Kockstad is also not talking and to which I find the whole thing quite bizzare. I live in Austria and I wish to close the matter. 

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.