will try to explain as short as i canWe ...

Asked by Marlenefourie on 17-02-2020 13:32:57
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape
Question value: R 150.00

will try to explain as short as i canWe bought a business from a lady last year May as a going concern. Our contracted stated that we pay her off R20000 per month. From late last year, our sales were drastically low and we could hardly pay salaries, let alone the R20000. We did communicate this with her.Last week Wednesday, she came to the business stating that she wants her business back. Thats all, no other communication. Last week Thursday, she came back to the property with a whole lot of people, and she started to sell my stock in trade. She completely took over and prevented me for trading! So basically from last week Thursday i was not able to trade or generate any income. The contract we have with her states that she needs to give us 14days written notice plus that all movable assets remain hers EXCEPT STOCK IN TRADE.I feel that what this woman did is totally unlawfull! Ive been trying since last week to get an attorney to help me, with no luck! Im thinking of liquadating the company, that would be the easiest route. I also have staff that still needs to be paid. BUT i dont have R40000 cash deposit as security. The stock tgat is left, plus that what this woman sold can be used as such securityI also want to lay a claim against her for income lost and for the amount ive already paidJust to mention as well ..... on Tuesday, i went to fetch the keys for the premises. The lease agreement is in my name still. Yesterday i got a letter from her attorney stating that im keeping her from fetching her stuff. I told him tgat its not the case as according to our property agents, i cant leave the keys with anyone and she can arrange a time with us to open up. Which i think is fair. He also threatend me with the High Court and what notPLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME! 

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.