Hi guys My name is Gideon Dipheko reside...

Asked by Gideon on 19-02-2020 12:32:38
Question posted in the General Law category relating to North West
Question value: R 300.00

Hi guys My name is Gideon Dipheko reside at North West Wolmaranstard on January 2019 I was accused of attempted theft of Moto vehicle I was was arrested and charged the case went on trial for few months and was provisionally withdrawn pending photos of crime scene and finger prints reports. Now my consent is that the person who accused me of trying to steal his car even though I was driving in my car that night didn't inform the police about that incident instead he beat me up the whole night and touchered me burned my feet amongst the injuries I suffered was kidney failure,broken rib and head injuries I couldn't walk nor talk my car was also damaged badly however when the police came in the morning remember the beating lasted from 00h00 midnight until 06h30 approximately in the morning police came and took a statement from the person who claimed I was trying to steal his non run vehicle and I was rushed to hospital with an ambulance and exactly same time after admittion in hospital police came in to place me under arrest despite the fact that I was in critical condition they still caffed me to my hospital bed both a leg and an arm I was under 24 hours police guard for my duration of 3 days at hospital until I was discharged and transferred to police station holding cells for 2 days and two nights before my court appearance in application for bail, I went to court as first time offender and was granted R1 000 bail I still could talk and hear nor walk properly even then and one more thing the car that is said I was trying to steal the same car they took finger prints from along with my car both cars were evidence in this case but none of them was taken to 13 by police as evidence. Am writing this to you because I want to sue South African Police department for unlawful arrest do I have a case?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.