Good dayDuring October 2019 an aquintanc...

Asked by Janetha on 20-02-2020 10:03:23
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 0.00

Good day

During October 2019 an aquintance asked me for help iro a place to live.  He was evicted from his residence.  I agreed that I would assist him buth that he had to help me pay for the food and electricity.  He suggested that he would pay me R1500 per month.  A further condition was that he would not have any alcohol while living at my house.  The agreement was for one month. He was evicted from the Salvation Army for bad behaviour.

One month became four as his car broke down and he used my car for three + months (80km+ per day).  During this time his sister passed away and he disappeard with my vehicle for 4 days.  Although no drinking was a condition of his stay, he came home smelling of alcohol almost every night.  We had numerous arguments about this.

On Monday, 10th February 2020, after yet another arugment about his drinking and abusive behaviour I asked him to find other accomodation.  On Tuesday, 11th February 2020 he left with a suitcase.

I have received payments from his as follows:  October R600, November R1400, December R1000. Nothing for January or February.

I have sent several requests for him to collect his property, including a non running car.  I do not want any compensation at all.  I just want him to remove his things from my house.

What are my rights and how do I go about removing his property from my premises?



Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.