My son helped me financially to buy a ho...

Asked by Veronica on 22-08-2021 19:02:06
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape

My son helped me financially  to buy a house  4 years ago. However I did say I will pay him back but Ive lost my job 2 years ago . He lived in one of 3 seperate entrances for the past 4 year, with no contribution. Now he wants all his money . I must sell the house in order to pay him. Please calculate  how much I must pay him back on R900 000.00

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 23-08-2021 09:59:29

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

Did your son lend you the R900,000, or is that the value of the house?

What was the terms of the original loan agreement? When was it agreed that you would repay him?

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.