I have a 12 year old child, the biologic...

Asked by NonhlanhlaC on 24-02-2020 17:40:16
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 200.00

I have a 12 year old child, the biological father and I broke up when she was a year old. He'd paid customary damages but requested his money back after the break up, which my parents gave back to him. 2 years later I got married and have raised my child with my husband since. The biological father didn't contribute a cent after the breakup to date. Last year my daughter asked to meet him, which I facilitated and that was the last time we met him in a social setting, the next time it was a meeting to get his signature for me to apply for a passport for my daughter as we'd like to travel internationally. My question is what can I do to avoid having to get permission from him everytime we want to travel outside of the country as he's not a part of our lives at all.

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.