Hi I have and issue where an imate curre...

Asked by Ronelle09 on 21-04-2020 16:01:03
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

Hi I have and issue where an imate currently in prison confessed to the murder of my brother.

According to the information received this inmate was tried and convicted of the murder of my brother but according to the case dockets the victims name was listed as Melvin Arendse and only later they found out that it was in fact Robin Maarman. 

How can the state proceed with a case without letting us as the family know ? 

It's been over 12 years.

Can I sue the department of correctional services or department of justice 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.