My husband has decided that he wants a d...

Asked by TanyaP on 30-04-2020 19:58:46
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 200.00

My husband has decided that he wants a divorce. He now wants me to move out. I have been working on a contract basis and can not earn any monies during lock down, I have asked him to pay a months rent and deposit and Ill move, he refuses but still insists that I move with two minors with nowhere to go. What can I do legally ?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 01-05-2020 11:08:58

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You can tell him that you will not be moving out of the house. Then, if he threatens you, you must go to the SAPS and get a domestic violence protection order. 

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.