My husband received his summons on 21 Fe...

Asked by Anonymous on 22-05-2020 14:52:41
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Free State
Question value: R 0.00

My husband received his summons on 21 February 2020 whereby I seek a Decree of Divorce.  This was served on him together with the settlement agreement as agreed on by both of us.  Our Divorce case has been refered to the regional court of the Free State in Kroonstad.  To date I still haven't received a court date and the feedback I'm getting is that the registrar of the Kroonstad Court refuses to hear any new cases or to place any matters on the roll.  Is this indeed true as this matter has been pending since February?  Secondly can one move your case from the regional court in Kroonstad to Pretoria and would it help to speed up the process?   

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.