Dear SirMamI would like some advice rega...

Asked by Larryg on 09-07-2020 15:54:53
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

Dear Sir/Mam

I would like some advice regarding a small claims court claim.

I would like to take PlanetFitness to small claims court to have them refund money taken from my bank account without my permission.   I have an account with the Benoni Branch of PlanetFitness.

I get no response to e-mails sent to their customer care department, or the General Manager Benoni.

My query:-

Is the "General Manager Benoni" the correct party to summens, for an accounts problem ?

Best Regards

Larry Green

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 10-07-2020 23:16:32

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

No. It would either be the corporate "Planet Fitness (Pty) Ltd", or if that branch is a franchised branch, it would be the name of that company. 

Why don't you look at your contract? It should tell you the name of their company. 

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.