My brother married by paying lobola and ...

Asked by louisa on 10-07-2020 07:30:56
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Gauteng

My brother married by paying lobola and he was already staying with the lady.After lobola the lady remained at my our place there was no ceremony or anything.They now have 4 kids and my brother bought a stand in Tembisa and built some rooms as a business place. After he went to Mpumalanga and built a house for his kids. Now they want to go separate ways , the problem is the wife want to take over the stand in Tembisa and she said she don't want the home built in Mpumalanga.Now she threatening that if my brother wants divorce then she is going to go half/half with him.Remember this lady never contributed anything thing even a cent nothing. Now my brother is afraid of loosing all.please Help

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.