I need lawyers to assist in consumer pro...

Asked by TumeloM on 14-07-2020 12:35:03
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to Free State
Question value: R 300.00

I need lawyers to assist in consumer protection act, concerning a used 2018 vw golf 7 bought with undisclosed defects by the dealer. The dealer is in Johannesburg and I'm based in Bloemfontein. I cannot exercise the existing manufacturer warranty nor insurance as fake parts were fitted in the car. The MIOSA couldn't assist me as I signed papers that stated the manufacturer warranty might be nullified by workmanship done on the car. My assertion is however based on CPA (The chassis is bent & parts fitted are scrap salvaged from other cars, hence VW cannot honour the warranty)

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 18-07-2020 21:51:44

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Then, I would argue that the car is not actually worth what you paid for the car, which will entitle you to a reduction in purchase price. 

Also, if you asked the dealer if the car had previously been in an accident, and the dealer said no, and it now turns out that it has because it has a bent chassis, then you can cancel the agreement and get your money back. 

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.