Hello. Am a manager for Sbongisenis comp...

Asked by sphah on 29-07-2020 11:32:27
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

Hello. Am a manager for Sbongisenis company, who has been loaning money every day and its been a week now plus its continuing to Mr Naidoo. Mr Naidoo gave Mr Mkhize a car lockbook as collateral. The amount is now mounting and Mr Mkhize is worried so he made Mr Naidoo both a security agreement and loan agreement to sign. Mr Naidoo want a loan of R15000 $1000 and till today has loaned half of the money plus interest. What can Mr Mkhize do to be on a safe side at the same time he still want to help Mr Naidoo since he claim he is in need lost a job, can Mr Mkhize hold the car also as collateral 

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 06-08-2020 21:18:43

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Yes he can, but the collateral in this instance would take the form of a "pledge", and in order for a pledge to be an effective form of collateral in SA, the pledged item (the car) needs to be delivered to Mr Mkhize. So that doesn't really help the owner of the car...

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.