I turned 18 on March 2nd 2020 which is w...

Asked by DylanB on 06-08-2020 20:22:41
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Mpumalanga

I turned 18 on March 2nd 2020 which is when I were supposed to receive my inheritance from a trust. It is the 6th of August 2020 and I still haven't received any of my inheritance. When I contact them they respond with they are still waiting for the Master office. I hope you can help me.

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 15-08-2020 18:54:06

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

The trustees of the trust need to wind up the trust, account to the Master for the money left in the trust, and then pay it over to you. The Master needs to release them of their duties. 

There are delays at the Masters' Office countrywide, because of COVID-19, so this might be part of the reason!

Read this article: Urgent access to the Master's Offices

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.