I dug out a diamond and I had no money s...

Asked by Norman on 08-08-2020 15:58:26
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to Northern Cape

I dug out a diamond and I had no money so a partner gave me some money so if I sell the diamond we will split the profit. Now I'm not getting the price and I told my partner I can't sell it if I don't get my price. Yesterday we had a argument and he said he is going to open a case against me and I still have the stone and did not sell it yet. He is looking for his money and I don't have it until I sell the stone.

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 19-08-2020 18:49:04

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Your partner can't open a police case against you because there is no crime.

There might be a civil dispute, but not a criminal dispute. 

Your partner will need to sue you in the small claims court for the return of his money.

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.