Good day. I have an old uncle in his 60y...

Asked by Barrette on 01-09-2020 20:12:08
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Free State

Good day. I have an old uncle in his 60years + and he was given a stand by local municipality. He is on Sassa grant/pension and he sold the stand without valid reason. Now he doesn't have a place to stay and my younger sister decided to give him a place to stay while we trying to refund the buyer his R8000. Unfortunately the buyer is not willing to take the offer and he took the old man to the Attorneys to sign the sale agreement . The old man is my uncle and he is not married and he doesn't have any kids. Is it there any possibility  to stop this process? 

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 03-09-2020 11:06:24

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

If your uncle signed a sale agreement, it might be the end of the road already.

BUT, you can check with the conditions of the stand given by the local municipalty if your uncle is actually allowed to sell his stand before a certain period of time. Sometimes there is a time limit, e.g. 10 years, where the person is not allowed to sell. That might apply to your uncle.

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.