Good day, what is the legal route that n...

Asked by Danica on 20-09-2020 13:52:15
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day, what is the legal route that needs to followed when children are removed from a mother's care and placed in a place of safety? My husband was informed by his ex mother in law that his children were removed from their mothers care due to neglect and abuse, and due to her having a drug addiction and that the kids werebplaced in a place of safety on Thursday yet no one from the place of safety has actually contacted my husband to inform him, we have tried calling but no one answered, surely with him having joint custody he should have been informed? 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.