I bought a car december 2011 and i was p...

Asked by CyrilS on 23-09-2020 11:31:33
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Mpumalanga

I bought a car december 2011 and i was paying instalment until i lost my job.the car was not repossed and i still have the car.when i check with itc i see that the account has been paid off.i would like to find out if i can call the bank for the car papers.if it possible how can i go about?

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 24-09-2020 14:24:29

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Yes, you can definitely call the bank. I would ask them for a recent statement on your car financing. Then, if it is paid off on the statement, then ask them for the registration papers so you can transfer it onto your name.

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.