Good day. Im splitting from my partner. ...

Asked by Elizaveta on 01-10-2020 21:53:17
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Eastern Cape

Good day. Im splitting from my partner. We current live together and have acquired a car appliances and debt in this time. All debt payments, cost of living, fuel etc had been shared expenses. The car and appliances are in his name. Everything tangible is in his name. I currently have credit cards, shopping accounts and cellphone contracts in my name. How can I go about not being stuck with all this debt In my name to pay on my own.

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 03-10-2020 19:08:55

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

Is it a partner, or are you married? It makes a difference.

Did you pay equally towards the car?

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.