Good day I hope you can help,i got divor...

Asked by angeliquee on 06-10-2020 14:24:51
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day 

I hope you can help,i got divorced im 2009,ex left in 2006 my son was 7 and daughter was 3,he tried to keep to his visiting rights but just stopped coming because he build his own new family,they have no relationship with him,my daughter is currently 17 and suffers from anxiety and depression and is currently under treatment and seeing a clinical psychologist,know her father wants to start honoring the court order he want her to visit him on his weekends and school holidays,she is not emotionally ready for this and do not want to see him she will be 18 in 6 months,

Please help 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.