I am a mother of two kids and I am stayi...

Asked by Anonymous on 24-10-2020 23:49:59
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng

I am a mother of two kids and I am staying with them. I want to get help in terms of child custody. I am not looking for sole custody but I need a legal contract or recommendations, these must highlight the father's responsibilities, clear stated terms of communication with the kids and how and when he may take them during holidays or weekends. This is a result of the constant swearing, entitlement from the other family, emotionally kids are drained and I am finding it hard to parent with the father. I resorted to my mother having to commuincate with the family as to when and how they can fetch them during school holidays. Grandparents from the father's side are rude and disrectful towards me. I have been financially taking care of the kids for almost three years. I am not wanting to approach courts regarding child support as this would be very draining me for and fear of the father not honouring his responsibilities. I just want a way legally to state my responsibilities, communication between parties and stated visitations to their father as to when, how and where.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.