Three months ago I bought goods thatbwas...

Asked by Terry Ann on 14-05-2020 20:49:29
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape
Question value: R 450.00

Three months ago I bought goods thatbwascadvertised for free, but they deducted a lost R2000 from my account. The ad clearly stated that u pay for shipping only and nowhere does it say that the goods cost R2000.00. I immediately cancelled my order within 30 days and cancellation was accepted. I've sent numerous emails for refund and they keep saying someone will phone me, but it's been more than a month and no one has contacted me...please advise

Thank u

Terry Ann

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 16-05-2020 21:12:09

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

This is a typical scam, I'm sorry to say. 

The person you ordered the goods from is probably in China or something. 

What you need to do is to dispute the charge with your credit card company. Give them proof (email order confirmations, print out of the website, etc) that the cost was supposed to be NIL, and show them that you were actually charged R2000.

Tell your bank to reverse the charges on your credit card!

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.