Good Day, my wife lost her parents in a ...

Asked by Arthur on 01-09-2021 16:59:40
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng

Good Day, my wife lost her parents in a matter of days apart. The parents didnt have a WILL in place. Father had retired and had a +500K investment  & property. A couple funeral policies that cant payout requesting a decease estate bank or state appointed executor?

What is the process to go the high court to get a state appointed executor? And how long does it take? or Can I appoint my own independent executor? 


Arthur Mario 



Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 02-09-2021 12:05:28

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

What you will need to do is to report the deaths to the Master of the High Court. There are loads of forms to complete, and you'll need an original copy of the death certificate. An executor will need to be appointed for each estate. The executor will then need to open up an estate banking account.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.