Good evening I want to find out can a ba...

Asked by Elmarie on 08-12-2020 20:04:19
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Eastern Cape

Good evening I want to find out can a baby of 2 Month go to the father without the mother the father only saw the child 3 time with supervision of me now he doesn't want me with and we don't have a agreement on maintenance aswell he didn't support me during pregnancy and now he wants to see the child alone..what is my right as a mother the father has two other children with other separate mothers aswell and they were also not allowed to visit him without supervision 

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 09-12-2020 09:12:38

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You have the right to protect your child. 2 months old seems very young to visit the father unsupervised, especially if it is over-night. But you don't have the right to NOT allow the father to visit the child. 

The supervision thing is only if the father is abusive, or such like. 

If you can't come to an agreement, then a court would need to make a ruling.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.