Hi there My name is CelineI have two chi...

Asked by CelineB on 01-11-2020 13:57:16
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Free State

Hi there 

My name is Celine

I have two children, one aged 3 one aged 1. They both are boys.

The three year old is by my mother. And the 1 hear old is by my mother in law.

Basically how this all started out was.

Because of the lock down my fiance/boyfriend lost his job . So we both left to a place where he got a job. I went with him so I could get a job too but I haven't been successful with finding a job for myself. 

Now I left my children behind the one by my mother Nd the other by my mother in law by the house we were staying at before we left so the kids would not suffer and where I know would be safe. 

We weren't able to send money to them before. It's been about 3 months now. We are building up a home for them and all that. We have now started sending money to them. 

Now my mother In law is threatening to get a restraining order against us.

What I want to ask is that:

1. Is she able to do that.


2. What are my rights as the biological mother of the child. 


3. What must I do or can I do to get my child back from her.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.