Good DayMy name is Faith. I was in the p...

Asked by Faith on 12-11-2020 11:00:17
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Free State

Good Day

My name is Faith. I was in the process of buying a townhouse and before registration the seller applied for insolvency and that haulted the deal. now i want to cancel and purchase another townouse as i cant wait for the court to decide on the first townhouse. The bond attorneys told me they cannot cancel the deal. What rights do i have as the insolvency only came in once the deal was on. 

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 13-11-2020 11:02:57

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You can still proceed with the sale of the property if the trustee agrees to proceed with the sale. So just because the seller has applied to be sequestrated, does not mean that the deal is off. 

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.