Good dayMy mother is 69. She lives alone...

Asked by Anonymous on 14-05-2019 09:51:21
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Northern Cape
Question value: R 0.00

Good day

My mother is 69. She lives alone in a house in Kuruman. Recently a young man started visiting her. She is now financially broke, hardly any furniture left. Cancelled her medical aid. She lost a lot of weight and is still letting this man manipulate and abuse her. I live in Gauteng and wanted to take her away there but she refuses. How can I legally take over her decision making with regards to her well being?

Thank you


Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.