Good day.My name is Mzwakhe. I have been...

Asked by Anonymous on 16-11-2020 08:59:17
Question posted in the Landlord Tenant Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day.

My name is Mzwakhe. I have been served with eviction notice on the 15th November 2020 and expected to vacate before the 14th December.

I lived in this house for more than 20 years( from 1998)its a RDP house which was bought by my aunt unfortunately illegally. I only realized in 2018 after the owner came that the house was bought unlawfully.

Early this year we reached an agreement with the owner that I must buy a house, unfortunately the Covid-19 disturbed the plans I didn't go on with the plan due to Covid-19 and I stayed at home for 4 months.

Please I need a legal help what do I have to do in this situation. Because I can't afford to rent any house due to my financial challenges I am under debt review I can't qualify for any financial assistant, I have salary reduction, my kids are schooling around the area, they have already registered to the local schools. I am insolvent.

Mzwakhe Mdwaba.



If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.