Hi. I moved from one Medical aid to anot...

Asked by NikkiK on 23-11-2020 17:42:28
Question posted in the Malpractice Law category relating to Gauteng

Hi. I moved from one Medical aid to another. Through a broker. When they send the acceptance papers I saw they listed me wrongly for high blood and Diabetes 2-without medication. I contacted them and they redid the application. Again the details were wrong. I told them the doctors suspected I had Diabetes but the test showed negative and sent them the blood test. Now I were clasified with Diabetes 1- without medication. Also I never had High blood presure although I mentioned I suffered from low-blood presure. I also mentioned I had anxiety. They didn't even disclose that to my medical Aid. So on 19 Oct I had a heart attac and was admitted to ICU. 

The medical aid did a investigation and found me quilty of non disclosure . I reported the case to the CMS. to which they said the Broker did not disclose my correct information to the Medical Aid. I contacted the broker and they sent me a mail saying All all was on tape but didn't want me to listen to tape. 

They say we did mention the bloodpresure , anxiety, and that I take medication for anxiety. But now the medical aid say I did not disclose the anxiety and medication. 

The CMS agree that the Brokers was wrong and revered my Case to the FIAS ombudsman. But the amount in compensation they talk about isn't going to cover my damages and losses. What can I do? Even my Fiance who was on the medical aid with me was kicked off.

 Kind Regards

N. Kinnear - 0836381368

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.