Hi. In SA.Getting divorced.Will be selli...

Asked by Tenille on 28-12-2020 10:17:30
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

Hi. In SA.

Getting divorced.

Will be selling jointly bonded house.

He is living in our house and i have moved to my mother with our 5 year old.

His new girlfriend moved into our house with him. I have him paying me 1/2 the bond and full utility bill after I demanded it.

Am I legally allowed to tell him to remove her from that house that i still own 50% of, or have him pay more on the bond?

We will look to sell the house very soon, as it is he is stalling the selling due to him building a new house for himself. 

I want her out,can I legally do something about her there or in terms of him paying me more now. The bond is on debit order on my bank account.



If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.