Good day, I have recently had my propert...

Asked by Lucinda on 28-12-2020 11:11:28
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Western Cape

Good day, 

I have recently had my property subdived in order to sell. The subdivision has been done and plans have been received. Does the property have to be serviced before I can proceed with the sale of the plot? 

Information Requested by Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 06-01-2021 23:31:33

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

What do you mean by "serviced"?

When you say that the subdivision has been done, do you mean that the Deeds Office has formally split your ERF into two separate ERFs - with different ERF numbers?

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.