Good day,My ex partner wanted to have so...

Asked by Anonymous on 09-01-2021 16:27:02
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day,

My ex partner wanted to have some cosmetic dental work done and because he was not employed at the time, I took out a loan of R80 000 on my name to assist him. The loan was approved in October 2019 and he had the dental work done. Our agreement was that I will pay the loan until he finds employment or his sister pays back money he borrowed her (which ever comes first). He subsequently got permanent job in March/April 2020 and his reason for not paying the loan was that he was waiting on his sister to pay him back. I have tried multiple times to ask him to pay the installments (R3000) or settle the loan (I am only expecting him to pay the balance which is just over R60 000 at present). 

I have a proof of payment from Medifin to the Practice with the reference that the money is for his procedure. I also have email corresponce with the Practice of the payments made and scheduling the appointment for him.

Would you be able to assit with above?

The second matter you might not be able to help with but your advise would be appreciated. During our almost 8 year relationship, I have sent a large amount of money to him for "our savings", I have some proof of payments but not everything. Is there any way that I can claim back a portion of this as I have also asked him about the money and he comes up with excuses every time.

We were never married but were together for just over 7 years.

Kind regards


If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.