HiI would like to ask about Inheritance,...

Asked by MaleboJS on 22-01-2021 19:25:16
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng


I would like to ask about Inheritance, My niece just turned 18 in 2020 and was due to receive her inheritance from the DOJ, the problem is they want an abridged Certificate. Now while applying for the Certificate at Home Affairs she was still in School. Before turning 18 she used to receive an allowance from 2017 (Since her father passed away) till the last year 2020. The problem is the School wants their money, DOJ wants an Abridged certificate, and Home affairs is taking too long and this might be due to Corona. But nevertheless, the school still wants their money and will not let her back till she has paid and will not get her results till she has paid every cent.

My question is, is the way we can approach the court to let the DOJ give her an allowance to at least pay off her school fees and this year's tuition fee or Compell Home affairs to speed up the process to get her, her Abridged Certificate? Since the School is a Private School not sure they are in the wrong for wanting their money.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.