There was a lobola paid for me in 2006 a...

Asked by louisa on 23-01-2021 15:28:20
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Gauteng

There was a lobola paid for me in 2006 and there was no handing over or any just a paper stating that family 1 paid this much to the other family. That's it.  So now the man want out and we have children together. I know I did not contribute in any  of what we have. So I wanna know am i able to get 50% share as he is deciding to leave me.He said he will support the kids.

Please I want advice in this issue.????

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.