I have been to the Regional court and fi...

Asked by UrsulaT on 12-02-2021 16:33:19
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

I have been to the Regional court and filed for divorce. I was given a summons to hand over to the Sheriff of the court. I paid a fee for the summons to be issued and delivered to the house address. I am married in community of property to another woman. She is still residing in the same home as I am. We live in separate rooms. The lease is in my name as I have lived there for over 4 years. She has resided there for 22 months. She refuses to leave. The sheriff of the court can't serve her as she is not home stating she is at the office and then visa versa. The divorce is very straightforward. I have requested nothing in terms of pension, medical insurance, maintenance and we have no children together. We have no communication, lost all respect for each other however she is making everything so difficult and said she will do everything to delay or prolong the divorce. She also said she would contest the divorce because it will make it harder for me. She is emotionally abusive and provokes badly until a huge argument breaks out and arguing is always the worst of us. I have just come to realize that she has been recording me in arguments. She never asked for my consent to record this and I only discovered this recently. She threatened me and told me that she showed a professional 3rd party and they building a case against me as she thinks I need medical help with the way I

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.