Myself and my ex fiancé bought a ...

Asked by ChadwinD on 25-02-2021 08:24:07
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Western Cape

Myself and my ex fiancé bought a property together. We financed the house at 105% but we then broke up. 

I am now staying at the property. And am looking to remove her from the bond. Who is liable for the initial transfer costs of the initial purchase? 

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 27-02-2021 20:35:33

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

The only way to remove her from the property, is for her to sell her half share to you. 

But in order to do so, you'll need to convince the bank to remove her name from the loan agreement and put the whole loan into your name.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.